Selling your home can be a daunting experience, but something we all may have to go through at some stage.
Often, we don’t even know what we don’t know until we encounter it for the first time too – how to choose and agent, how to market your property, what kind of work should you do to your home before you list it? So many questions that no doubt you’ll get answers for in your own time, as you go through the process yourself.
Wouldn’t it be nice though to get an insiders look at what actually happens all at once?
Well, this video and podcast episode will help equip you, no matter if it’s your first time, or you’re a seasoned pro, to make the best decisions when selling your home.
Andrew Duncan, real estate adviser and blogger, joins me on this episode to discuss everything you need to know BEFORE you decide to sell your home.
It’s hard to find real estate agents who are willing to discuss not only the practical tips and tricks you need to know, but also some of the dirty little secrets too! In this episode we’ll cover questions like:
– How to choose a real estate agent (or do you even need one!?)
– Is it best to auction, list by tender, or by negotiation
– Are agents who are ‘team players’ better than the ‘superstars’?
– Knee-capping – what is this and when should you watch out for it?
– Investing in a marketing campaign
– ‘Buying a listing’
– Negotiating on the auction floor
I hope you enjoy this episode – essential listening if you ever decide to sell one of your most valuable assets.
Here’s an additional checklist to accompany this topic around selling
- Do you need to sell before you buy, or can you retain your current home as a rental property?
- How much work is really needed, before your home hits the market?
- How much do you need to get, after real estate commission, from the sale of your current home?
- How much will the bank approve you for, to purchase a new home?
If you need to arrange a consultation with us to answer these questions, please make contact with us, ideally before you list your home on the market.
If you’d like to get more personalised advice from my special guest on this podcast episode, please: Check out Andrew Duncan here.